Saturday, January 3, 2015

Comedy of Socks...

First pair for 2015
I used remains of the skeins of Cheshire Cat Looking Glass and Loopy Ewe Solid Grape and some other scraps.

The socks are referred to as a “comedy” because firstly I couldn’t remember the name of the woman I met at a wedding who was a fan of my socks. So taking a guess at her name (Shona) I asked the groom for her contact details. I sent off the first pair to Shona. Unbeknownst to me it turned out to be the groom’s mother-in-law. She was delighted …but this was not the recipient I had in mind.
I set out to make a second pair having identified her real name (Heather). So when finished I asked the groom again for her contact details and he gives me the details of his sister-in-law called Heather. She was surprised to receive socks but thought they were terrific… I can hardly say “terribly sorry but they’re not for you”…
So now I make a third pair…. this time it will definitely go to the correct recipient! She has now been waiting for several months for her socks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment